Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Make the best of what's around

Wow! I can't believe it is 2014!! This year has seriously flown by!!! 2013 was very good to us. Like everyone, we had our ups and downs but I find when you focus on those things that have made you smile or have made you a better person, it will bring more amazing things to you. This way of thinking is still one I have to continuously work on.
Don't let the small things bring down your day. Don't spend so much time worrying about things. Just let it happen, and find the good in it all.

I find it silly to make "new year resolutions". Who said that January 1 of every year is the day we should start over and try to better ourselves or improve on the things we did not live up to in the previous year?! Personally I feel we should always try to be the best we can be. Of course we won't have perfect days everyday, hell... we won't have perfect days lots of days. But that doesn't mean you should give up or that you have failed.  When you have those bad days take a minute to look around and think about the things that are really good.... friends, family, or something as small as your child's laugh. That is what always brings me back, roman's laugh melts my heart.

I won't sit here and list all the wonderful things that 2013 has brought me and my family. But I can tell you I am extremely excited and look forward to what 2014 has in store for us. I hope you all have an amazing 2014 and whether you make new years resolutions or not, promise yourself that you will "make the best of what's around."




1 comment:

  1. Synchronization for a Mother... (Being your Mother) This was the first reading I saw as I opened my computer of the first day of 2014.
    Your words of now and happy have touched my heart sweet daughter. You get it, the when you change the way you look at things the things you look at change.
    It is your life and you listened but words don't teach experience does. You have come to the joy of life.. YOUR JOY... to be happy and more comes. So I begin my day with a smile that my daughter sees life through the eyes of wisdom and clarity.. I begin this year of 2014 with that same smile and gratitude that you got it and get it. You listened and put it into action. I see it in you and around you. I walk into this new year with a first smile coming from you... I am happy....
    Give my little Roman a kiss from Meme...Let this day be the first of 2014 he pulls those window blinds up in his room. Saying Good morning tree, Good morning sky, Good morning birdies... we are going to have a fun day!!!! { I love it when he does it)

    ReplyDelete