Thursday, December 12, 2013

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

It has been a pretty busy month so far. I am sitting here trying to list everything we have done in my head and it is all getting jumbled together...... Maybe I haven't done anything at all, but you will never know. So, yep we have been busy.

Roman is all potty trained (except for naptime and bedtime).

 I have started this cookie reward system for  every time he craps in the toilet he gets a cookie. So now he feels the need to push a turd out every time he goes to the bathroom. As you can imagine this has made him standing up to pee a little difficult. All in all though he is doing pretty dang good for his age.

I personally have grown to hate the cookie system. I have learned that when there are sweets in the house I have no self control. It is pretty bad when I am sneaking cookies at 7 AM while making my morning coffee and breakfast. It's my best chance of not getting caught though. Roman is in toonie land, Milo is outside (and yes he counts, that dog just sits and stares at me...... judging....), and Josh is catching up on his ZZZ's from a long work week.  So it is just me and my 5 morning cookies. Not a bad way to start a day!

We are all decorated for Christmas. It was pretty exciting getting the tree! We got a big one this year to make up for our sad little two footer fake tree last year. When we went to go pick it out Roman met the sweetest dog, Sandy. He sat on the ground and started talking to her in his own little animated way. She came up and laid her head right on his lap. It would so cute I could have died.


He loves our outside decorations and has befriended the blow-up Christmas penguin. He hugs it regularly, has conversations, the whole nine. Sometimes I wonder what he thinks it is saying back to him. One day on our way to the car he goes "Hey penguin, are you ok? Did they try to hurt you boy?". REALLY??!!! Where he comes up with this stuff, I have no idea.... but it definitely has me wondering.

Buying presents for Roman has been another story. I will be the first to tell you that I have a HUGE shopping problem. My mom says she is to blame. I really don't think that, but I won't argue it. If she wants to be responsible for it she can be :). (Thanks ma!)

For his one BIG gift I got him this Little Einstein's Pat Pat Rocket. He has loved this show for as long as I can remember. It is probably where his love for music comes from. Here was the issue.... Little Einstiens has be discontinued back in 2009 and now the toys are considered collector toys. Of course my child would obsess about the one show where they no longer make the toys.

Pat Pat Rocket toy


Anyways, I found one on EBay and feel I got a great deal on it! With a little help from family he will have the complete Pat Pat Rocket set.

Leanne-1
People trying to charge a crazy amount for a plastic toy -0

I cant wait until he can start making lists for Santa. That will be fun!
Speaking of.... My friend shared a blog post she found and it was insanely funny. You should check it out!

DADSPIN- My Kid's Insane Christmas Wish List, Annotated

I will definitely be doing this with Roman's lists when he gets older haha!

What are some things your kids asked from Santa?

Happy Holidays from our chaotic home to yours!!




No comments:

Post a Comment