Monday, January 31, 2011

My Porcelain Fist

 It's crazy how when some things happen it really makes you sit down and evaluate yourself as a person. Sometimes you may find it hard to not critique those around you as well, and give thanks for those who step up to the friendship plate.

I find myself to be one of the luckiest women in the world! I have a more than amazing man in my life who would go through hell and high water just to ensure my happiness, a healthy baby on the way,  supportive and loving family and friends, and an amazing in-law family I have been taken in to.

Besides my mother, I have not met many women in this world who I can say are one that would put even a stranger before themselves just to say they have made someone smile or a difference in their life if even in the smallest way. Because of these individuals I can say I am forever changed.

Some say selflessness comes with "motherhood" , and to a point I agree. But I also think it goes way beyond that. I have seen mothers who maintain their famous selfishness. So this alone can not be the answer. I think that  you have to already have this "quality" in you already for it to actually show. Having a baby just brings it out of you more.

It's crazy how things can really change in a minute, and how many minutes are really taken for granted. In one weekend I have seen one family dramatically change in ways I could never even begin to describe. All I know is that I am glad I was there to support those I love and consider myself one of the luckiest people in this planet to have been given the chance to be apart of my second family.


(a very special thanks to my little "smurf", you will never know how much you helped us this weekend and for that I am forever grateful!)


Forever in my heart <3

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment