Sunday, July 3, 2011

*The Day Tubs Was Born *

Well here I am, 1.5 months into this whole shibang called motherhood and I must say.... I LOVE IT! So much has happened to me that I have no idea how to explain everything. But of course, my mother is encouraging me to start blogging again. Probably because she is tired of being the only one that is hearing about my daily crap. JOKING MOM!

But anyways lets maybe start from induction?

As most of you know I served my little fart with an eviction notice (see previous post). What I did not know is that I was going to have to enforce it. What a great start to our bonding right? A whole bunch of get the “F” out of me now, because you have no choice!  

This day was probably the longest day of my life. First it starts off with them telling you to call at 5am to see if you can come in or not. If they are busy then they tell you to call back in 3 or 4 hours. This is where I started getting annoyed ... lets be honest for a minute....5 am when you are pregnant and sleeping in half and hour intervals (because your bladder will explode if you go a minute longer) is a recipe for an all nighter.
Well need less to say we played our little call back dance with the bundle of joy at the front desk until they finally said come in at 1 or 1:30. I went in a 12:45.... and waited for my room until 3. Joke was on me.


Once we got in there it was more of a waiting game, which I was prepared for. Apparently I was having contractions every 3-4 minutes when I was admitted. I didn't know they were contractions I just though he was loving him some rib time. But since I was not thinned enough they couldn't start my pitocin drip. So the process began.
They did 2 pills that took 4 hours each to try to get my cervix to thin. That's when I got the most rest. At about 1:30am they broke my water... which was the worst of it all in my opinion.
 It was like you were constantly peeing yourself. Nothing says “I am beautiful” like incontinence.
Once they broke my water and started my pitocin they probably said the most dumb thing I have ever heard in my life..."Ok, now try to go back to sleep.” (UGH! Easy for you to say.) That is when my contractions started. Epideral was given around 3:30am and  I seriously need the address for this dude that invented this crap. I am going to send him an edible arrangement. I feel a simple Thank you card just doesn’t show enough gratitude as a pineapple, chocolate covered strawberry flower does.

I pushed for about an hour and a half. The only bad thing about that section of events, is the fact that I need to talk to someone about their bed positioning. I hope it is just a coincidence that the bed is placed under a light on the ceiling... the one light that was not on and allowed EVERYTHING to be in plain view for me.  No Beuno.

Once they placed that 8 pound 9 ounce body on my chest for the first time and I got to see that little chubby cone head, my life had changed forever in just that one second. My priority had changed from what beer to drink to what diapers to buy. I LOVED IT. Nothing really explains love like the first time I saw him.




We stayed there for two nights and I was super anxious if they ever took him from me. One nurse had him for almost two hours doing normal tests and I called her to tell her to hurry up. I mean DANG, He is MY baby and I WANT HIM NOW! lol I can’t really recall if he slept good or not because I think I was up more then he was just making sure he was ok. Everything was a blur. I was glad however when we got to go home. I was ready to get back in the grove of things and get him adjusted.

So yeah, that was my wonderful labor experience. I would do it again in a second.

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment